ANCOR is sharing this webinar announcement by the ABLE National Resource Center and National Disabilities Institute because it could be useful for the individuals our members support.
“Date and time: Thursday, February 28, 2019 2:00 pm Eastern Standard Time
As the ABLE National Resource Center (ANRC) continues to provide consistent, reliable information concerning the benefits of having an ABLE account, this webinar will: review basic rules for funding an ABLE account and cover strategies that could be used to ensure that contributions are easy to make, occur automatically when possible and are available to the ABLE account owner. It will also provide some “tax time” information related to ABLE accounts to enhance your ABLE contributions.
The webinar will provide case scenarios and address questions such as:
- Who can contribute to an ABLE account?
- What money can be contributed to an ABLE account and where will it come from?
- What are some strategies or things I should consider?
This webinar will be moderated by Miranda Kennedy, Director, ANRC. Panelists include:
- Marlene Ulisky, Disability Benefits Expert, ANRC
- Members of our 2018 ABLE Advisor Team and 2019 ABLE Ambassadors
If you are new to ABLE accounts and need basic information, we encourage you to review:
- The Road Map to Enrollment: This 5-step Roadmap was designed for potential ABLE account holders and their families to learn more about ABLE accounts.
- ABLE Accounts and 10 Things You Should Know: This video and ABLE facts page provide foundational knowledge to help you better understand ABLE.
If you are a current ABLE account owner and would like to learn how to find support to meet your financial goals, we encourage you to review:
- The Road Map to Independence: This 5-step Roadmap was designed to help current ABLE account owners maximize the benefits of having an ABLE account. In particular, the video in Step 2 (click on “learn more”) shows you how to build a circle of support.
Please note: Real time captioning will be provided for this webinar. For other accommodation requests, questions about the webinar, or the registration process, please contact us at email@example.com.”