The Administration is celebrating National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM) this October with a series of proclamations, messages and education resources:
- President Trump issued a proclamation announcing NDEAM and highlighting the Administration’s work on disability employment.
- Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Alex Azar also issued his own proclamation.
- Deputy Secretary Assistant of Labor for Disability Employment Policy Jennifer Sheehy created a blog post celebrating NDEAM.
- Various agencies will be hosting three webinars:
- The Lead Center will host an Inclusive Career Pathways webinar.
- The Workforce Innovation Technical Assistance Center will host a customizable employment webinar.
- ODEP and the National Center for Mobility Management will host a webinar on the potential for autonomous vehicles to support access to jobs.
ANCOR has long served as a resource to our members as they support individuals with I/DD’s employment efforts, including offering a webinar on customizable employment this past September. To keep informed of our webinars and other such offerings, please visit the Upcoming Events section of our website.