The American Network of Community Options and Resources (ANCOR), a vibrant national nonprofit trade association, representing over 1,300 community service providers to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities is looking for a dynamic and talented new member of its administrative team.
ANCOR's Administrative Assistant reports to the Chief Operations Officer (COO) and will be an integral member of a dedicated staff of eleven professionals based in Old Town Alexandria, VA. This position is part-time with a flexible schedule, with the potential to become full time.
We are looking for an energetic individual who can help this small but growing office function as efficiently as possible at it supports and represents its national network of providers in Washington DC. The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the CEO, COO, Senior Director of Government Relations and staff in all areas of the association: IT, communications, membership, education, finance and government relations.
Knowledge of, or enthusiasm for learning promising practices in office management, an eye for opportunities to improve office policies and procedures, as well as a comfort with programs like QuickBooks and NetForum will make an applicant stand out.
Attention to detail is essential.
Duties of ANCOR's Administrative Assistant will include:
- Database management
- Office management (supplies, ordering, liaison with condo association)
- Electronic file management
- Fiscal filing
- Mail processing
- Assistance with association events
- Maintenance of website content
- Development of policies and procedures for administrative activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree at minimum; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity working with using databases for data entry.
- Research and analytical skills to gather and compile complex data and information.
- Must be able to handle confidential data (e.g. budget and salary information, contractual terms and conditions, etc.).
- Detail-oriented, with excellent organizational skills; strong problem-solving abilities; personality willing to find creative and cost-effective solutions to operational issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels, anticipating needs and keeping staff informed of problems and project status.
- Must have the ability to take initiative and be resourceful in maintaining a professional work environment.
- Must be flexible / adaptable; able to multi-task and work in a busy environment.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Must be able to work independently
- Results Driven
Salary Range: $20-$25/hr with benefits offered for 30 hour week.
Interested candidates can send a resume and letter of interest to Gabrielle Sedor.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
- Support database maintenance by entering new and updated contact and account information.
- Validate data by reviewing for incomplete data, inaccuracies, purging duplicates, and reporting other deficiencies for appropriate resolution
- Assist with printed and electronic file management
- Administrative tasks related to annual audit filings, as needed
FRONT OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
- Answer calls to main phone and direct calls as appropriate
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries
- Assist in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office and kitchen supplies, including office printed materials (e.g., brochures, stationery, business cards, etc.)
- Submit service or maintenance requests as needed (e.g., requests to condo association)
- Develop office policies and procedures
- Orient new staff and interns on office policies and procedures
- Assist with electronic file management
- Update website content as necessary
- Assist with preparation of reports and other written assignments, as needed (e.g., board meeting preparations; data gathering for annual reports; etc.)
- Assist proofing and editing documents, as needed
- Mail merge and mailings, as needed